[theme-reviewers] A note on reviewing BuddyPress themes

Doug Stewart zamoose at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 14:48:27 UTC 2011

I just posted this to the Buddypress UX theme and thought I'd add it
here for commentary/input:

"Small side note to other BuddyPress reviewers:

BP versions 1.2.x are basically impossible to debug using WP_DEBUG set
to true. The core BP plugin uses TONS of bad function calls and
outdated usage, meaning any real errors in BP-enabled themes are
likely to get lost in the DEBUG output. I recommend that you run your
tests once with WP_DEBUG enabled and then run all subsequent tests
with it set back to false, otherwise you're going to be tearing your
hair out.

I can post the expected known-bad BP output somewhere, if y'all would
like. I'd just need to know where such information should live so that
it's useful to the widest number of people."

Would such information be helpful? And, if so, where should I post it?

--
-Doug
@zamoose