[theme-reviewers] How much should I weigh looks, scalability, and functionality?

Philip Walton philip at philipwalton.com
Fri Apr 15 14:37:22 UTC 2011

I'm reviewing a theme called zeeReputation
(http://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3268). It has no PHP errors, no
HTML/CSS validation errors, it passes all the Theme Checker tests, and
it calls no deprecated functions.

However, it doesn't really adjust well to the different theme variables.
For example, if the site title is relatively long, it wraps to the next
line and covers up some links. Also, if I have a lot of categories, only
the first 4 show up in the primary navigation menu.

My question is this: are issues like these ground for rejecting a
submission, or should I focus primarily on preventing errors and the like?