[theme-reviewers] CSS parser

Ryan Hellyer ryan at pixopoint.com
Wed Sep 29 22:25:25 UTC 2010

> From: Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com>
> Neat, but is there any particular reason you didn't want to use CSSTidy?
> http://csstidy.sourceforge.net/
> -Otto

Actually, it does. I got the bulk of the code from the SafeCSS plugin
by Automattic (which does extra security sanitisation). I just added a
few extra bits to make it match most of the WP coding standards.

I needed it for a client's plugin which allows for user
submitted/stored CSS and figured I may as well make their code look
WordPress'y. Turning that into a processing page on my site was pretty
straightforward, hence why I made it.

If you happen to know how to make CSSTidy retain the comment code,
that would be really handy as it is currently stripping it out.