[theme-reviewers] 2010 Weaver 1.3.1

Bruce Wampler brucewampler at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 01:59:50 UTC 2010

  Hey -

Don't know what is going on with 2010 Weaver 1.3.1.

After getting some reports, I did a download at 5:06 p.m. Mountain Time,
and got a .zip
file 496 KB long. And just did it again (7:51 PM), and it was the full
theme 1.5MB.

Does the WP server generate the .zip on the fly from the SVC? I'm pretty
sure I tried
my own update to test on the 12th, then started getting reports today of
broken updates,
and got a bad .zip on my own.

Just a very strange situation, and I wanted to keep you informed of what
I know. If
the server is sometimes giving a correct .zip, and sometimes not, then
changing the
version number might not help, nor clarify anything.

But unfortunately, this all has hurt a few people who got partial
updates. The .zip
I got had the style.css file, but apparently some didn't, so maybe the
server is delivering
different sets of files in broken zips, which might make sense if they
are generated dynamically,
or perhaps reside as multiple copies on different servers?

Thanks, guys!

Bruce

--
Bruce Wampler, Ph.D.

Software developer
Creator of first spelling checker for a PC
Creator of Grammatik(tm), first true grammar checker
e-mail: bw at brucewampler.com
blog: brucewampler.wordpress.com