[theme-reviewers] My First Suggest-Approval *sniff*

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Sun Sep 12 22:46:56 UTC 2010

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 5:18 PM, Chip Bennett <chip at chipbennett.net> wrote:
> From a Reviewer perspective, I think this is the wrong question.
> It will become incredibly onerous on the Theme Reviewers to keep track of
> which deprecated functions are deprecated enough not to allow, versus those
> that are just sorta kinda deprecated, and are still allowed.

I'm going to go with Nacin on this and add in this idea: A usage of a
deprecated call shouldn't be a cause for *rejection* in a 1.0 theme...
But it's something that should be fixed for a 1.1.

The idea here is that if you eliminate a theme from being in the repo
at all for relatively minor things, then you eliminate the incentive
for the theme author to improve.

Consider the audience. We do want good looking and quality themes, but
we also don't want to make theme authors feel that the requirements
are too onerous to abide by.