[theme-reviewers] Themes With Customizable Logos *and Featured Images*

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Thu Sep 2 16:21:51 UTC 2010

The Theme developer is also using custom fields for "Featured Images",
rather than supporting Post Thumbnails.

Here are the instructions:

*How do I add the featured thumbnails to the sidebar gallery?*
You can select 8 posts to be featured. For each post,

   1. Add the “Featured” category.
   2. Add a custom field with
   Name = featuredimage
   Value = image url e.g http://yourdomain.com/image.jpg (recommended: 75px
   by 75px)

Any reason this shouldn't be done using core Post Thumbnails feature?

Chip