[theme-reviewers] Encoded Footer

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Fri Oct 29 16:05:27 UTC 2010

Here's the result on that theme by my current check script:

One or more critical errors were found.

Error List:
Found eval in the PHP files. This is not allowed.
Found unescape in the PHP files. This is not allowed.
Could not find language_attributes in the PHP files. The
language_attributes() function must be called inside the html tag.
Could not find automatic-feed-links in the PHP files. You must have
add_theme_support('automatic-feed-links') called from the
after_setup_theme action hook in the functions.php file.
Could not find wp_list_comments in the PHP files. The theme must use
wp_list_comments() to display comments.
Could not find comment-reply in the PHP files. The theme must enqueue
the comment-reply script on pages where there are comments displayed.
The CSS code is missing the .sticky class.
The CSS code is missing the .bypostauthor class.
The style.css file is missing the License:.
The style.css file is missing the License URI:.
Found list_cats in the file crunchy/sidebar.php. Use wp_list_categories instead.
Found get_settings in the file crunchy/sidebar.php. Use get_option() instead.
Found get_links_list in the file crunchy/sidebar.php. Use
wp_list_bookmarks() instead.
Found wp_specialchars in the file crunchy/sidebar.php. Use esc_html() instead.
Found wp_list_cats in the file crunchy/header.php. Use
wp_list_categories instead.
Found wp_specialchars in the file crunchy/searchform.php. Use
esc_html() instead.
No reference to nav_menu's was found in the theme. Note that if your
theme has a menu bar, it is required to use the WordPress nav_menu
functionality for it.
A function call of bloginfo('stylesheet_directory') was found in the
file rssbox.php. You should use get_stylesheet_directory_uri()
instead.
A function call of bloginfo('url') was found in the file header.php.
You should use echo home_url() instead.

-Otto