[theme-reviewers] theme-reviewers Digest, Vol 5, Issue 108

Pritam P Hans pritam.hans at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 09:48:43 UTC 2010

Dear friends,

I really appreciate the work being done by WordPress Theme Reviewers. Though
one of my old themes got suspended as it had not been updated and I had to
put a lot of effort to get my new theme (Jenny) approved, I think the review
process helps create better themes. I got to learn quite a few things in the
process and also got to know abou some silly mistakes that I had done. Kudos
for keeping codes clean, but what about the design aspect?

The repository is of WordPress themes created by designers, but as far as I
can see, a lot of themes that are included in the repository are design
blunders. anIMass <http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/animass>, for example,
is an ugly rehash of TwentyTen. It's footer is horrible and some links are
not even legible. Shouldn't themes be more well-crafted design-wise as well?
And, can lousy rehash of TwentyTen be banned?

Cheers
Pritam P Hans