[theme-reviewers] Guidance on theme security

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Wed Oct 20 16:32:01 UTC 2010

Perhaps if, as Nacin indicates, we let the uploader script fail Themes that
use deprecated functions (regardless of whether or not that use is part of
backward-compatibility code), we can avoid any real issues on the subject?

I agree that one of my primary concerns is the use of deprecated functions.
But I'm equally concerned about the Repository giving the appearance of
facilitating the use of outdated versions of WordPress.

Chip