[theme-reviewers] New Ticket Resolution

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 15:44:08 UTC 2010

If the license declaration is accurately conveying GPL compliance I would
likely approve the theme, even if it is not letter-compliant to the
"Guideline" ... we will be taking the next step with version 3.1 by giving
them a full example of what to be expected. Essentially a copy and paste
block, as I understood it, that will meet the guidelines and therefore
become an easily enforced "requirement".

As to existing themes not meeting the exact requirement at this time, but
still clearly conveying the theme is being released under a GPL-compatible
license, I would suggest using the "new" format but I would not hold it
against the theme until the above is implemented.

To be honest, and I have been struggling with the wording for some time,
"Guideline" and "requirement" should not be used in the same sentence IMO.
It is either one or the other in simpler thinking. That being said, I treat
the CSS validation as more a guideline than a requirement; and, I make every
effort to stay consistent in how I approach the CSS when reviewing a theme.

Cais.