[theme-reviewers] Issue with Purple Pastels 6.01 in the Theme Directory

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Wed Oct 13 02:49:08 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 6:01 PM, esmi at quirm dot net <esmi at quirm.net>wrote:

> Another thought...
>
> Why doesn't Twenty Ten come under the "two word title - hyphenated folder
> name" rule? The theme's name (despite the fact that most people refer to it
> as TwentyTen) is "Twenty Ten" - yet the folder name is "twentyten".

It is actually listed in the Theme
Repository<http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/twentyten>as
"TwentyTen". I'm not sure of its history...

Regardless, it's really something we have no control over. I'll be curious
to see how things change when/if Theme Devs get direct SVN-commit access
like what Plugin Devs have.

> Yes - obviously, it didn't go through the auto-upload process. But since
> it's been promoted as an example theme, it's possible that other theme
> developers will follow its lead, create a theme folder with a composite name
> and then fall foul of upload changes the way I have.
>
> If there is to be a best practice rule for theme folder names that is then
> imposed by the upload process, it really needs to be applied across the
> board. Even for "default" themes...

Something we'll certainly keep in mind, for if/when we get input on future
"Default" Themes (whether we get such input is anyone's guess, but I at
least *hope* that we do!).

> Oh - and Chip - I forgot to say thank you for your quick response. Too busy
> rushing around trying to update child themes, I suppose. so...
>
> Thank you, Chip. ;-)
>
> No problem! I'm happy to help, and you happened to catch me at a good time
on an otherwise very hectic Tuesday. :)