[theme-reviewers] TimThumb

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 19:55:01 UTC 2010

IF timthumb is being used solely in the fashion that the_post_thumbnail()
functionality can 100% manage then the_post_thumbnail() should be used in
its place ... I can support that on the condition it is explained to the
theme author how to do it.

I am honestly not familiar enough with the workings of timthumb to know
exactly how to replace it with the_post_thumbnail().

Now, on the other hand, if a theme is using timthumb for post thumbnails due
to a a unique application that the_post_thumbnail does not inherently handle
then the_post_thumbnail() remains an optional use item.

As to the concern @Anca is raising, I would imagine since
the_post_thumbnail() is not using the 'fopen' function that it is addressing
that particular issue.

Cais.