[theme-reviewers] TimThumb

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Tue Oct 12 19:30:31 UTC 2010

So, here's all I can really determine that TimThumb offers, that can't be
accomplished through use of core Post Thumbnails functionality: image
filters <http://www.binarymoon.co.uk/2010/08/timthumb-image-filters/>.

I can see image filtering being useful for Theme designs.

But, should we be checking to ensure that Themes aren't just using TimThumb
to make thumbnails (which should be done using the core Post Thumbnail
functionality)?

Chip