[theme-reviewers] Is WP_DEBUG really important, or is it just to take the load of ?

Satish Gandham satish.iitg at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 17:07:40 UTC 2010

Hello,

Why are WP_DEBUG notices given so much importance, Is it to take load of the
reviewers?

The reason why I'm asking this is BuddyPress throws lot of notices, and it
still continues to be in the plugin repository.

How do you justify accepting a plugin with lots of notices and not accepting
a theme with few notices, are these notices really harmful?

I don't think so, if they were, they would be shown as warnings.

Don't tell me that it's a plugin and can not be compared it with themes, a
theme can do every thing a plugin does.

*My theme, SWIFT is used on thousands of blogs without any problems, *still
i cant get it to be accepted into the repository for reasons that don't
really make sense.

You can check the support forum here, http://swiftthemes.com/forums/

You wont find a single problem that points to the notices.

You can find BuddyPress throwing lot of notices with the default theme. I
don't have any problems modifying my code to get rid of notices, but wasting
my time on this when BuddyPress is showing lot of notices by default doesn't
make sense to me.

ScreenShot of notices from BuddyPress

http://swiftthemes.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/BuddyPress-Just-another-WordPress-site_1286729463785.png

Regards