[theme-reviewers] Themes Must Support the Following functions?

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 02:00:08 UTC 2010

Just something that has come up with the Cleanup and Copyediting of the
Theme Review page ...

> Themes must support the following functionality:
>
>    - Login Form - wp_login_form()<http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags/wp_login_form>
>    - Comment Form - comment_form()<http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags/comment_form>
>    - Automattic feed links - add_theme_support('automatic-feed-links')<http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/add_theme_support#Feed_Links>
>
> I can see the usefulness of comment_form() and add_theme_support(
'automatic-feed-links' ) but I am not understanding the "must support"
reasoning behind the wp_login_form() function.

Perhaps if the theme uses its own login form then the wp_login_form should
be called to create the form, but under what other conditions _must_ it be
supported? or does the function just simply need to be used regardless of
the theme author's administration panels access link ideas.

Cais

PS: This was also an item listed on the NoNa theme review comments (
http://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/306), or in other words how must
this be addressed when a login form is not used in a theme? EAC