[theme-reviewers] Theme Test Data WXR and SQL Updates

chip at chipbennett.net chip at chipbennett.net
Mon Jul 26 13:51:49 UTC 2010

I've been working on the SQL dump for the Theme Test Data, and have
realized one enormous issue: attachment file linking. (Why I didn't think
of this sooner, I don't know.)

Importing a SQL dump (which I've sanitized so that it doesn't touch User
ID 1, and only adds User ID 2) doesn't import any of the wp-content files.
So, all the file SRCs in wp-posts still point to the original source data.
The only thing I can think to do here is to point everything to
<http://wpthemetestdata.files.wordpress.com> - but even that is
sub-optimal.

Any suggestions?

Regarding the WXR update: I decided just to wait for 3.0.1 to drop, rather
than installing the nightly build. Instead, I spent my time with more
cleanup work on the test data.

Please take a look here, and make any final comments:

<http://themes.chipbennett.net/wordpress/>

(Note: this is a temporary URL, that will be going away as soon as the
Theme Test Data are finalized and exported.)

Also: anyone have any thoughts on the idea of finding some way to use SVN
(or other revision control) for the Theme Test Data?

Thanks,