[theme-reviewers] Change 'add_custom_header' from _must_ include to ...

Lance Willett nanobar at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 16:01:22 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 6:33 PM, Edward Caissie
<edward.caissie at gmail.com> wrote:
> If our options are: require, recommended, or optional ... I would lean
> heavily towards optional.
>
> If suggested (as noted below) is an available option I would be fine with
> that designation.

I think the best course of action is to strongly suggest supporting
all customization features, with one custom menu being required (main
navigation).

So something like this:

Themes must support the the following customization feature:

Navigation Menu - wp_nav_menu()
* At least one custom menu should be supported, generally the
top-level navigation.

Themes are strongly suggested to support the following customization features:

Custom Header - add_custom_image_header
Custom Background - add_custom_background
Visual Editor CSS - add_editor_style

3.0 changes like comment_form() are required since it isn't an
optional customization, it's a core part of how themes work.

-Lance