[theme-reviewers] Fwd: Re: Draft Theme Development Checklist

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Sun Jul 11 14:35:16 UTC 2010

I've not added anything new to the unit test data; I've merely consolidated
what was already there.

If we need to test some newer functionality (certainly, post_thumbnail would
be one, for sure), make a list and I'll add it to my test data.

Note: I just started playing around with post thumbnails in the theme unit
test data. I found one issue with including post thumbnails in "standard" test
data: thumbnail cropping. If a theme uses a custom thumbnail size (especially,
non-square dimensions), the theme won't be able to regenerate the existing
thumbnail - so thumbnails won't show in the manner intended by the theme.

I'm thinking, at a minimum, generate a 100x100 thumbnail, which should
hopefully accommodate most square thumbnail dimensions defined by themes.
Other than that, I'm not sure how to provide more universal support.

Any thoughts on the most standard/universal means to incorporate thumbnails
into the theme unit test data?

--
Chip Bennett
chip at chipbennett.net