[theme-reviewers] Draft Theme Development Checklist

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Fri Jul 9 23:47:00 UTC 2010

The theme needs to (i.e. must) declare its license. My personal opinion is
that a style.css header line would suffice, e.g.:

* License: GNU General Public License, v2 (or newer)
* License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.htm

This is what I use in my plugins, and what I will use in released themes.

Alternately,  the theme could include a license.txt, with the actual license
itself.

Thoughts?

--
Chip Bennett