[theme-reviewers] Draft Theme Development Checklist

Chris chris at thematic4you.com
Fri Jul 9 22:40:23 UTC 2010

Hi Chip,

thanks a lot for your work.

Austin already mentioned the RFC 2119, that should be implemented to provide
a more check list type guideline.

I reviewed a few themes containing third-party code like the TimThumb code
using the MIT license, or themes coming with images files, without
mentioning anything 'bout additional licenses.

A couple of themes include the GPL license files others don't. I already
requested a license file for my reviewed themes without one (all of these
themes got a 'not-accepted' for other reasons).

I know, that we can't check for everything used in a theme, so ..  would it
make sense to put a license file on a must-have list for a theme?

Best,

Chris