[theme-reviewers] Theme Frameworks and the directory

Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) philip at frumph.net
Fri Dec 31 01:44:39 UTC 2010

back to the original conversation starter.    Isn't a framework basically just a more advanced configurable parent theme and are not parent themes what we allow on the repository?

I don't mind not accepting frameworks but I think we should get a nice specific definition of what a framework is, to me; they're just very customizable themes yes?  I don't know, I never did understand what exactly constituted a framework.   If I could get more of a clarification.