[theme-reviewers] Error in the test data?

Mike Little wordpress at zed1.com
Mon Dec 20 13:27:04 UTC 2010

On 19 December 2010 01:28, Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com> wrote:

> HTML 5 does not require that. Just an FYI, but XHTML is beating a dead
> horse at this point. I would not consider validation to be, well,
> valid anymore.

I completely disagree.

Javascript works a lot better with valid HMTL, so does CSS. By which I mean
some invalid HMTL will break both CSS styling and JavaScript functionality.
So to dismiss validation as worthless ("not valid any more") is ill advised.

Also, HTML 5 is *not yet supported* across the board, and will not be for
quite a while. XHTML is not dead, it *is supported* by all the newest
browsers in their 'best' mode (not quirks).

Mike
--
Mike Little
http://zed1.com/