[theme-reviewers] Can't upload theme due to Gravatar validationproblem

Trevor Turk trevorturk at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 21:58:49 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Thanks again for your help. I really do appreciate it. The reason I'm
making this theme is actually to iron out all of this stuff. When I
went searching for a theme to use when coming back to WordPress after
a failed attempt to switch to something else, I was having trouble
finding a real "minimalist" theme in the sense that I'm going for
here. I wanted something that did as little as possible while offering
what I consider to be the base level of functionality so that I could
build my own thing from there. So, maybe that helps to explain what
I'm going for.

Anyway, I've uploaded a revised version of the theme here:

http://trevorturk.s3.amazonaws.com/simple.zip

This should cover the things that Philip mentioned.

It sounds like the jury is still out on how to support comments in the
most minimal way possible. I do want to have comments for sure,
though. Am I for sure not allowed to use the "comments_template"
function? I was actually really happy to see that, and thought it was
a great idea, so I'll be sad if I can't use it. If not, it sounds like
I'd be best off switching to using the "wp_list_comments" directly.
Plus, I'd have to figure out how to do the "new comment form" in a
simple way...?

Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks again!

- Trevor