[theme-reviewers] Theme Review Feedback at WPTavern Forum

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Thu Aug 26 11:30:40 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 7:19 AM, Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) <philip at frumph.net
> wrote:

>  While I agree that it should be a suggestion for the
> notices/warnings/deprecated, I also come back to the conclusion that it's
> not helping the developers either.

I didn't say don't inform them.

 I would like to point all of you to:
> http://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/841
> If Otto has his way and just lets 'everything' slide, that theme would be
> on the repository right now.

First, and I won't bother quoting more out of your email, there's no reason
to attack Otto. That's silly. I met him last weekend at WordCamp Savannah
and can personally confirm he is a man of integrity who cares deeply about
WordPress and WordPress.org. I also spoke with him about the theme review
process at one point. And, he is one of the few individuals with full access
to WordPress.org. And I am sure he would be willing (as am I) to assist in
improving your theme review tools as they stand.

There's no way that theme should pass and Otto would agree. The double
wp_footer() is a huge red flag. Aside from that, there might be issues
relating to the footer, CSS, and spam link. But automatic-feed-links isn't a
problem, neither is get_search_form() (especially if searchform.php's markup
differs).

Nacin