[theme-reviewers] Theme Review Feedback at WPTavern Forum

yulian yordanov yul.yordanov at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 23:03:25 UTC 2010

  I like what *matt* wrote in the thread
http://www.wptavern.com/forum/themes-templates/1911-theme-repository-reviews-7.html#post18635

/The goal of the theme directory is not to list every theme in the
world, it's to list the best ones. We want a reasonable number of themes
we can point to that embody the best and brightest of WordPress
development, and that users can choose without compromise./

Yulian <Fingli>

On 26.8.2010 01:38, Otto wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 5:29 PM, Edward Caissie
> <edward.caissie at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Do three (yes count 'em 3 theme reviews) ... and for the 1337
>> !!!!1111!!!!1!111! Just follow the general outlines and guides as currently
>> noted starting with the Theme Review page in codex.
> Sorry, but I can't do that. I cannot agree with the standards as given
> in the Theme Review page in the codex at present. I personally think
> they're one of the major issues here and I cannot implement them in
> good faith. I am currently of the opinion that they are too strict,
> too harsh, and that about 80% of the material listed there should be
> removed entirely.
>
> If you want to talk about specifics, I'd be more than happy to do that.
>
> If you need trac improvements, I'd be more than happy to discuss that
> as well. What particular part of the system is a major issue for
> everybody?
>
> -Otto

Yulian Yordanov
http://post-scriptum.info/