[theme-reviewers] Child themes

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 13:53:07 UTC 2010

Welcome to the list Otto!

Simon mentioned several of the issues we have discussed via the list or on
the IRC (#wp-themes) channel.

I'm sure there will be more before a suitable process it sorted out ... I
suspected after reading Matt's tweet this was going to end up on your plate.

Other point to ponder:

   - Will all themes be usable as parents? Technically they can be but is
   that the best choice for the repository?
   - Will a theme need to meet any additional criteria to be considered
   acceptable as a parent?
   - What happens when a parent theme is suspended? Do all child themes
   automagically get suspended?

Of course, I'm just repeating some of Simon's ideas in different words but
more so, IMHO, these are hurdles to get over before other criteria and
related issues can or should be addressed.

Cais.