[theme-reviewers] Question for simplified site

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Tue Aug 17 15:50:10 UTC 2010

This mail list really isn't the appropriate venue for such questions (the
best place would probably be the wordpress.org support forums:
http://wordpress.org/support/ ).

I would look for "minimalist" Themes to start with. Honestly, the
now-default WordPress Theme, TwentyTen, can probably be made to suit your
needs. Simply remove the header image, and then add a background image,
using the built-in Theme tools.

Most other Themes will probably work similarly to the way TwentyTen works,
with respect to meeting your needs. So, if you need something more specific,
you will likely need to look into developing a child Theme, forking an
existing Theme, or developing one bespoke.

Regards,

The wordpress.org Theme Reviewers