[theme-reviewers] The Next Step?

Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) philip at frumph.net
Sat Aug 14 22:27:24 UTC 2010

As for the theme review process itself, that really needs to be someones job, i've been doing it as much as I have so that it can move the queue along so that I don't lose anymore income so an update to my own theme can get up there.  However, in doing so i've been unabled to finish the current jobs I have because of spending so much time with the reviews; and i'm spending so much time in tech support making sure current users are functioning with the bad update I did.

- The review process doesn't really allow for quick fixes like that.

I'm really afraid that if I stop doing the amount of reviews daily i've been doing that the repository is going to just backlog up again.  ^ and I know the only reason for that is, is cais is also trying to get paid work done so hasn't been able to do as many as he used to doing, daily.

1) BIG HUGE BOLD LETTERS on the upload button on the wordpress.org theme admin upload page that states that REQUIREMENTS OF THE THEME REVIEW PROCESS MUST BE MET.   Most theme developers including @ AUTOMATTIC have not bothered to read the requirements yet, ref: see the p2 theme.

2) Can we update the theme checker on upload to do a bit more?

3) A sticky post in the theme developement forum, writing about the new requirements.

4) Update the theme developement codex page to be more enhanced towards the new code segments.

- Phil