[theme-reviewers] [WordPress Themes] Suffusion, new version 3.6.2

Sayontan Sinha sayontan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 16:54:10 UTC 2010

Hello,
I have been following the feedback posted for this version of the theme and
I believe the review is inaccurate and not thorough. Here is what was
posted:

>    1.
>
>    screenshot.png does not look like the theme's output.
>    2.
>
>    wp_nav_menu(); being used but registration of available locations not
>    being set
>    3.
>
>    all scripts and styles should be enqueued ref: actions.php line 288,
>    line 427-429 suffusion-options-page.php and various other locations, unless
>    otherwise inapplicable to make the code work properly, i.e. <!-- IF
>    statements
>
> Point #1 is incorrect. You get that with the Magazine template (bundled
with the theme, Templates -> Magazine in the options page) and the Minima
skin (Visual Effects -> Theme Selection, WITHOUT changing any code.

Point #2: The use of wp_nav_menu() is recommended, not mandatory, as per the
Theme Review checklist:

> Themes are strongly suggested to support the following customization
> features:
>
>    - Custom Menu - wp_nav_menu()<http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_nav_menu>
>       - If a navigation menu is part of the Theme's design, it should be a
>       customizable menu. For Themes that do not have a navigation menu, users
>       should be able to add a Custom Menu widget.
>
> If you define a custom WP 3.0 menu you can include it in the navigation
bars from the settings in Blog Features -> Main Navigation Bar Setup or Blog
Features -> Top Navigation Bar Setup. If you do not define a native WP menu
you can still build your menus from the Navigation bar Setup pages in the
options. I don't see how this is grounds for rejection.

Point #3: The scripts and styles are enqueued where applicable. The line
#288 in actions.php that has been listed is a conditional include, and the
lines 427-429 in suffusion-options-page.php are for scripts in the admin
page, not in the theme itself. The stylesheets cannot be enqueued because
there is a custom-styles.php file that is printed out, and enqueuing
destroys the sequence for that.

IMHO, the review is not thorough enough.

Sayontan.

On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 10:26 AM, <theme-reviewers at lists.wordpress.org>wrote:

> Thank you for uploading version 3.6.2 of Suffusion.
>
> Feedback will be provided at http://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/604
>
> --
> The WordPress.org Themes Team

Sayontan Sinha
http://mynethome.net | http://mynethome.net/blog
--
Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg - 45-letter Native
American name for Lake Webster, Webster, Massachusetts, meaning "You fish on