No subject

Tue Apr 20 23:23:57 UTC 2010

It will become incredibly onerous on the Theme Reviewers to keep track of
which deprecated functions are *deprecated enough* not to allow, versus
those that are *just sorta kinda deprecated*, and are still allowed.

If a function is deprecated, and a viable alternative exists, there is no
reason not to require the supported function to be used. Of course, if no
viable alternative exists, then the deprecated function should still be
allowed. (I don't know if any such case exists, though.)

Chip