[wp-hackers] current theme

Scott and Kim scott.and.kim at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 21:35:15 GMT 2005

Hi all,

This isn't really a bug in Wordpress but it is something interesting.
I'm unable to use the theme editor in Wordpress. It always tells me
that it can't find a theme with that name, 'lazycoder'. I think I've
figured out what the problem is and I think I have a solution, but I
haven't verified it yet.

I'm running Geeklog for my main web site at http://www.lazycoder.com ,
my weblog is running Wordpress 1.5 in the /weblog directory. The theme
that I'm using in my Geeklog install is called 'lazycoder'. I think
there is some overlap in the session vars, if I'm understanding how
the settings cache works, I think geeklog keeps it's theme name in a
session var with the same name as Wordpress.

One possible solution I thought of was to use the $wpdb prefix for the
session vars as well. This would prevent naming conflicts in other
session vars as well. I haven't tested this out on my workstation
though to see if there are any other problems. Has anyone else run
into this problem? Maybe when running multiple installs of Wordpress?
Or am I way off here?