[wp-hackers] Timezones, server settings, and WP dates

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Thu Jan 27 16:57:34 GMT 2005

Frank Schaap wrote:

> I wouldn't mind support for DST :) It could even be implemented as
> simple as asking the user for two dates on which to start and stop the
> extra offset of DST... although, thinking about how it's done in the
> Netherlands you'd have to support something like "every 3rd Saturday
> in April".

Huh.  I didn't realize that DST was different in places that used it.
In the US, the time changes on the "same days" every year: 2am on the
first Sunday in April, 2am on the last Sunday in October.

There is code in my Countdown plugin that can figure out generic "x-th
day of month" dates, if there isn't already a crafty way to do it in PHP.

Owen