[wp-hackers] Help with wpPaginate plugin?

Tara Star tellme at climbtothestars.org
Thu Jan 27 15:52:23 GMT 2005

Ryan Boren wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 08:06 -0500, scriptygoddess wrote:
>
>>Hey there!
>>I'm trying to get the update to my wpPaginate plugin working with WP
>>1.5 - but running into some really odd errors. Specifically when I try
>>to get  the total possible number of posts that could be displayed (if
>>there were no "next page" "previous page").
>>
>>To do that I make a temp query string - and modify it so that the
>>"posts per page" is jacked up way high. Then I try to get the total
>>number of posts that query string would return.
>

> nopaging will turn off WP's internal paging, allowing you to supply your
> own.
>
> function no_page($query_string) {
>   $query_string = add_query_arg('nopaging', true, $query_string);
>   return $query_string;
> }
>
> add_filter('query_string', 'no_page');
>

> You can also set posts_per_page to -1 to turn off paging.

just tried both methods (second in the reading options, first as simple
plugin) . First doesn't seem to do anything. Second works on archives
but, my index page wouldn't load after that.

Is it a problem with the code, or should I upgrade my nightly?

Great many thanks to anybody who can set me on the right trail to get
rid of this dreadful paging (no offense to those of you who like it, but
it's driving me up the wall to have only the first 7 posts of each month
displayed in my monthly archive pages).

Steph
--
http://climbtothestars.org/