[wp-hackers] Help with wpPaginate plugin?

scriptygoddess scriptygoddess at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 13:06:58 GMT 2005

Hey there!
I'm trying to get the update to my wpPaginate plugin working with WP
1.5 - but running into some really odd errors. Specifically when I try
to get  the total possible number of posts that could be displayed (if
there were no "next page" "previous page").

To do that I make a temp query string - and modify it so that the
"posts per page" is jacked up way high. Then I try to get the total
number of posts that query string would return.

However, the only way I could get this to work - gave me errors - but
ONLY on the category pages!! (but the errors don't stop the plugin
from working correctly - or the rest of the page from showing up
properly! ???!) I am totally stumped. Is there anyone out there that
might have some ideas as to why? Or maybe has a suggestion for how to
grab that "total number of posts" value?

I can send you the latest (not working) version of the plugin if you'd
like to see it...

Any help would be GREATLY!! appreciated. My head is starting to hurt
as I've been banging it against a wall for a few days on this. :(

Thanks!
-Jenn