[wp-hackers] WordPress Forums on UseNet?

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Mon Jan 24 07:36:50 GMT 2005

Quoting Kimmo Suominen <kim at tac.nyc.ny.us>:

> You can read the hackers list as a newsgroup from gmane.org.  They
> named the group
>
>     gmane.comp.web.wordpress.devel
>
> Just point your NNTP-based newsreader at news.gmane.org.
>
> Regards,
> + Kim
> --
> <A HREF="http://kimmo.suominen.com/">Kimmo Suominen</A>
>

> On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 03:30:22AM +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> > I know my suggestion is controversial, but wouldn't it be more convenient
> > have forums such as this one set up as a newsgroup? Threads would be much
> > easier to follow. The only problem I can think of is spam, but it's usually
> > easy to spot and ignore.

Thanks for the advice, Kimmo. Unfortunately, gmane.comp.web.wordpress.devel is
not listed on my server and KNode does not appear to support multiple NG
Servers. Login via a Web-based interface would miss the point completely, so
I'll give up the pursuit for now...

I use Thunderbird for mail, but mailing lists go to an altenate account (which I
check at server level) so it is unhelpful.

Thank you everyone for the advice.

Roy

--
Roy Schestowitz