[wp-hackers] nofollow

Joseph Scott joseph at randomnetworks.com
Sat Jan 22 04:01:15 GMT 2005

On Jan 21, 2005, at 4:18 PM, Christoph Rummel wrote:

> On 22.01.2005, at 00:46, Joseph Scott wrote:
>> 	If I have to I'll look at a plugin, or simply rip the code
>> out when I update WordPress, but I refuse to allow my
>> blog software to require nofollow on all links in comments.
>> That smacks a little too much of a Microsoft technique to
>> dealing with things.
>
> Ouch. That's not fair... ;-)

	Yeah, I thought that might carry a bit more punch :-)

> Spam is spam. With email it's the same - you don't want to
> have any spam in your inbox, not a single one. So you
> spamfilters to get rid of spam before it hits you. And for
> commentspam we have several solutions that do the same -
> getting rid of spam befor any search engine can rank it.
>
> See, if there is no spam in weblogs we do not need "nofollow".

	Exactly, that would be my point.  I will take every step necessary to
make sure that comment spam doesn't show up on my blog.  In my opinion
that is the only complete solution.  As such I have no need for
nofollow (at least pertaining to comment spam) and don't want to be
forced to use it.

--
Joseph Scott