[wp-hackers] nofollow

Craig Hartel craig at nuclearmoose.com
Sat Jan 22 01:59:19 GMT 2005

Seth Russell wrote:
> I may be totally missing the point as i am new to WP.   But it seems
> to me that nofollow
> should be put on all links in comments by default.   However if the
> blog owner determines that the links in a specific comment are worthy,
> then there should be an option to click the nofollow off for that one
> comment only.   Is this possible, or am i just confused.

With respect, I disagree totally. Do we want XFN to automatically put a rel
attribute on our links automatically? No, we don't, which is why there is an XFN
panel in the Links management section. Just as we have the choice of whether our
sites are WAI compliant, XTHML Strict compliant, or meet ANY standard is up to
the individual to choose, and that is the way it should stay.

Craig Hartel
Cranky Nuclear Moose.