[wp-hackers] nofollow

Joseph Scott joseph at randomnetworks.com
Fri Jan 21 23:46:31 GMT 2005

On Jan 21, 2005, at 3:36 PM, Luc Saint-Elie wrote:

> Hello,
>
> And if someone really don't want nofollow it's very easy to remove it
> by the
> way....

	And what people are asking for is a way to do that that doesn't
involve the owners of blogs having to write their own code (or remove
some) or install additional software (plugins) just to disable a
"feature".

	I'm not asking for WordPress to not support nofollow, I just want to
be able to easily turn it off in the admin options.  I like choice, and
I'd prefer to be able to make this one on my own without WordPress
telling me how it must be done.

	If I have to I'll look at a plugin, or simply rip the code out when I
update WordPress, but I refuse to allow my blog software to require
nofollow on all links in comments.  That smacks a little too much of a
Microsoft technique to dealing with things.

--
Joseph Scott
http://joseph.randomnetworks.com/