[wp-hackers] Coding Projects

Thiago Becker thiago.becker at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 23:01:36 GMT 2005

mmm... the code is done, works great, i'll submit asap. Acctually, in
my understanding on the subject, you are telling WP that you want
posts on categories 3 and 2 that doesn't belongs to categories 1 and
4. My code includes one more query for each category added to the
string query and uses the comma, not the space, as string separator.
I'll have to finnish nice categories before submitting it to the list
for apreciation.

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 18:55:34 +0100, Adi Jörg Sieker <ml at adsworth.info> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ryan Boren wrote:
> > Support mutltiple negatives for category queries.  See get_posts() in
> > classes.php where we process 'cat'.  Look for the comment lamenting the
> > fact that we don't support this.
>
> I'm just having ago at this and now I'm a little puzzled.
> Currently if any category is specified as negative it'll
> discard all others.
> Now we would like multiple negatives which is no problem.
>
> But what is the expected outcome of positives and negatives in one
> query? For example this: query_posts('cat=3 -1 -4 2');
>
> Regards
>     Adi

Thiago Rafael Becker
Computer Science Undergraduate