[wp-hackers] Blogmine RSS/Blog Text Ads -- WordPress Plugin

inforequest ai6bois02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Jan 17 18:38:29 GMT 2005

Jonathan Firestone jonathan.firestone-at-gmail.com |wordpress hackers
list 092004| wrote:

>Are there examples somewhere of what the results look like? What it
>does, how it works?
>
>The http://www./ site looks to be very non-responsive as
>far as showing how the product works and what you're actually getting
>out of the deal.
>
>I'd rather not use a program/plugin when it looks like a veiled scam
>to get my email address, credit card number or any other piece of
>valuable information.  BETA or not, it looks like Alpha and
>Fly-by-night if it doesn't give me the basics up front. Heck, there
>are broken pages on their site.
>
>-J

And mis-spellings, and over-hypy marketing language, and far-reaching
intangeable claims.

BTW, I syndicate so people will spread the message of my content, right?
I can't think of a better way to shut down my own RSS feed than insert
advertisements into it. As a blogger, the last thing I will do is
display someone else's ads on my site, so someone else can make money
from my page views. Duh.

Do we need a plug in to strip ads out of RSS feeds?
Will I want to syndicate my content if I know people are editing my
feeds or inserting ads into them?