[wp-hackers] Fwd: Some more i18n

Randy Peterman randy at altn.com
Fri Jan 14 16:22:26 GMT 2005

Matthew Mullenweg wrote:

> jens persson wrote:
>
>> It's mostly adding __() and _e() calls to kubrik, but also some changes
>> from sting concatenation to printf calls making the strings easier to
>> translate and in a few places I changed the messages to get better
>> consistency.
>

> We're leaning towards not cluttering the templates with localization
> calls anymore, rather just distributing pre-localized templates with
> the pre-localized downloads we plan on doing. Having all of the text
> in a template inside <?php ?> tags can be pretty intimidating for new
> users.

That's a smart, user-friendly plan.  I wish I could do this with all of
the i18n stuff I've got to do :)

--
Randy Peterman
Alt-N Technologies, Ltd.

RelayFax 6.0 is now available!  CAPI/ISDN support,
 DID (Direct Inward Dial), new faxing engine,
 plus much more!
http://www.altn.com/press/press_release.asp?ReleaseID=106