[wp-hackers] Change in plugin Options page handling

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Tue Feb 22 21:30:38 GMT 2005

David Chait wrote:
> hmm.  that's a little disconcerting.  I've been using top-level menus
> for a long time now, and just starting to try and use submenus as well
> for more consistency with the rest of the dashboard.  I mean, I guess if
> there was a standard 'plugins control' top level option, I could see
> putting stuff there, though I then lose the submenu capability (or each
> functional area would be a submenu, rather than 'the plugin' being the
> submenu).  But I certainly can't see spreading my control functionality
> around other miscellaneous areas of the dashboard...

No, I agree.  This function should work, and work in concert with the
add_X_page/add_submenu_page functions.  I just can't figure out a way to
get it to work with the current admin URL structure.  I think that
rather than passing "?page=plugin_file.php" we could be passing
"?page=Options/My Plugin" or "?page=Custom Top-Level Menu/My Submenu".
I'm not sure what the impact on the add_X_page functions is, though.

I assume you're using the is_plugin_page() method for adding top-level
menus?  If not, spill...  :)

Owen