[wp-hackers] Differentiating nightlies and betas

Christoph Rummel bronski at bronski.net
Mon Feb 21 02:59:06 GMT 2005

Craig Hartel <craig at nuclearmoose.com> (2005-02-20 19:35:32 -0700):
> > As I've said before, I think this was 95% due to it
> > being so long since the last feature release.
> > People were hearing about kickass themes and seeing
> > plugins that only worked with 1.5, so they wanted
> > to upgrade.
>
> Agreed. Which is why I think that there should be
> limits to the nightlies so that this doesn't happen
> again! :D

I think it was made very clear that if you are using
nightlies, you are "on your own" - meaning there will
be abolutely no support what so ever. But maybe that
was only on wp-hackers?!

I always preferred the nightlies to having to co cvs,
but then I always backup old versions and can revert.
But I have to admit that nightlies shouldn't be for the
masses.

Chris