[wp-hackers] 1.5 Maintenance

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Mon Feb 21 00:32:01 GMT 2005

Here are some suggestions for 1.5 maintenance.

Instead of going directly into 1.6 development, dedicate trunk
development to a quick turn-around 1.5.1 release.  Make 1.5.1 a
time-based release, say two or three weeks, that fixes as many bugs as
possible with special attention given to login, syndication, and i18n
issues.  All commits made to the subversion repository for 1.5.1 must
accompanied by a bug report.  When the bug is resolved, it should be
resolved against 1.5.1 with pointers to all applicable svn changesets.
This will help us maintain a decent changelog.  With the help of
mosquito, the changelog should mostly write itself.

http://mosquito.wordpress.org/changelog_page.php

After 1.5.1 we could branch and begin 1.6 work on the trunk.  We should
still commit to releasing regular 1.5 point releases to get fixes into
the hands of users.  We may even want to hold off on 1.6 for awhile and
concentrate on putting small improvements into a series of 1.5 dot
releases.

Ryan