[wp-hackers] Differentiating nightlies and betas

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Mon Feb 21 00:14:12 GMT 2005

David Clark wrote:
> Basically, I would suggest doing away with  nightlies in favor of less
> frequent, though more clearly documented , builds.

> For those that are less intimate with the code but don't  mind "beta"
> software, there should be intermittent builds that are based on
> functional mile,stones, and not just change in day, week, or  month.
> They should be documented with a list of FUNCTIONAL differences (not
> just a log of line-by-line changes), and a list of known/outstanding
> issues.

Can I add my usual annoying bit ?
Please make these builds either harder to find or have some very clear
warnings about using them ? You will have people downloading into a
production site and then filling the forums. While that is entirely
their problem if there are big notices, without them all it does attract
crap to the forums and bad posts on blogs for your work.

Maybe a 'builds' forum - or maybe not even that, just posts here.