[wp-hackers] code clean-up day?

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Sat Feb 19 17:57:41 GMT 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-19 at 11:36 -0500, Scott Merrill
>Can we organize some kind of "code clean-up day"?  Not a "bug day" to
>fix bugs, as such, but to remove all the cruft of this sort that gets
>left behind as features mature?  I'm sure others have been aggravated by
>this sort of thing, too, and it would be a great opportunity to make WP
>even leaner and meaner.

We can do like the Linux kernel and start a WordPress Janitors effort.
The janitors go through the source finding areas that need to be
cleaned-up.

So, maybe you could create a "Clean up uses of post_category" bug report
and note the places where you see post_category being used.  We could do
this with other things that need clean-up and invite people to get
involved by providing patches.

We could even have a WordPress Janitors Wiki page.

Ryan