[wp-hackers] Comment storage for spam comments

Brian Dupuis wordpress at coldforged.org
Thu Feb 17 15:58:09 GMT 2005

Is there a reason that I'm missing that comments that are marked as spam
are still saved in the database? I didn't notice it until I realized
that I haven't updated one of my plugins to account for spam comments
when counting comments. Upon looking I have roughly 200 comments marked
as spam in the database and no way of seeing them in the administration
interface. In digging through the code it there's a comment somewhere
about saving it for "crunching later" which implies some sort of
post-processing. But I don't see any kind of usage of those comments
unless I'm missing it.

What's the intent?