[wp-hackers] Themes: Moving from 1.2.x to 1.5

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Fri Feb 11 17:20:41 GMT 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 15:59 +0000, podz wrote:
> Sebastian Herp wrote:
> > Yesterday I tried to update the wordpress blog of a friend of mine.
It
> > didn't went as smoothly as it could have ...
> >

> I haven't given this the amount of time it probably needs, but I too
> cannot get the auto-upgrade to work. Part of it stems from wondering
> what to do with the original index.php from 1.2  as it needs
splitting
> down maybe ? Either way I don't know where to put it.

Keep it, as is, along with the other 1.2 templates and stylesheets
(wp-layout.css, wp-comments.php, wp-comments-popup.php, and index.php).
They will be used to build the site theme.  They can be kept around as
fallback, if so desired.  Just stick "$wp_template_redirect = false;" at
the top of the index and the old 1.2.x way of doing things is restored.

Ryan