[wp-hackers] Re: Default User Setup

Josh Jarmin fuegodesigns at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 04:12:45 GMT 2005

Why can't WP have either as the main option or a fall back option (for
those without mail) have a web based password reset.  Maybe a secret
question or something to verify identity and then a reset password
form.  It might be more of a security risk, but if only activated when
mail is not found, it wouldn't  be that bad.

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 10:57:06 +0800, Chetan Kunte <ckunte at gmail.com> wrote:
> some typo corrected (sorry for reposting this):
> I use it on my company network on a server that only has an http
> webserver (no mail function enabled) and it's *not* connected to the
> internet (company privacy requirements).
>
> On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 10:51:44 +0800, Chetan Kunte <ckunte at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Robert Deaton <false.hopes at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Speaking of which, there are some nasty errors for people without
> > > mail() that you may want to look into, cause believe it or not, not
> > > all servers have it.
> >
> > I highly agree. I have been unable to setup the new nightly for my
> > department portal for which I'm using WordPress. WordPress is being
> > used for many things apart from being a weblog. I use it on my company
> > network on a server that only has an http webserver (no mail function
> > enabled) and it's connected to the internet (company privacy
> > requirements).
> >
> > mail() function during setup is playing spoilsport. I get errors and I
> > fail to sign-in into admin account. I'm not allowed to configure smtp
> > in php.ini (again privacy policy and internal rules; all ports other
> > than the http, ftp are blocked). Working for a corporation has its
> > de-merits.
> >
> > WordPress powers our intranet portal of engineering info and other
> > things. Some screenshots: http://ckunte.com/gateway
> >
> > Dev team please consider users that are using WordPress not just for
> > blogging but are trying to put this system into a highly productive
> > use. Please consider allowing install on localhost setup with bare
> > minimum requirements to run WordPress. Older versions ran perfectly,
> > on our network. But with 1.5+ I'm unable to upgrade.
> > --
> > Chetan Kunte
> > http://ckunte.com | http://xjbei.blogspot.com
> >

> --