[wp-hackers] Change in plugin Options page handling

Morgan Doocy morgan at doocy.net
Thu Feb 3 17:07:36 GMT 2005

On Feb 3, 2005, at 8:08 AM, Owen Winkler wrote:
>> I am sorry if I got it wrong, but to add_actions(something) don't you
>> need a "something" hook? Does WordPress automatically add hooks like
>> options_page_<name-of-plugin-file> each time a new plugin is
>> activated?
>
> Yes, WordPress automatically generates the hooks based on the active
> plugins.

Just a quick correction: it doesn't automatically generate hooks based
on all active plugins. It takes the '?page=pluginname.php' from the
query string and munges together a hook tag (e.g.
'options_page_pluginname') to see if anyone's hooked into that tag. If
not, it proceeds with the old method.

Morgan